Inforbix monster search engine integrated into PLM 360
A few lucky customers have received access to the long awaited implementation of the Inforbix search engine into PLM 360.
Checking out this You Tube video – it looks pretty slick. I can’t wait to give it a try!
Autodesk PLM 360 Search
This is the technology that won Oleg Shilovitsky the coveted position of ‘Senior Director of PLM and Data Management’ at Autodesk – so we know it’s good… but why?
The premise behind Oleg’s project is to turn PDM on it’s head. Instead of spending a lot of time creating file and folder naming standard protocols (which nobody else gives a Monkeys about!) the new technology downloads a Google-like web crawler onto your server.
No files actually leave your server – only the meta data is captured and uploaded to PLM360. This allows you to search your server in double quick time from within your PLM360 tenant.
Inforbix/PLM 360 search
Inforbix [PLM360] is a cloud solution that aggregates and exposes on-premise product data from multiple sources and locations without actually touching, moving, or migrating files to the cloud. Users access Inforbix [PLM360] with any standard web browser. It is simple to deploy and Secure. Inforbix [PLM360] apps [coming soon?] help you find, reuse, and share product data. With Inforbix PLM360 you can reduce the pain involved with accessing and exposing structured and unstructured product data:
- Find product data located anywhere in your company [‘s computors]
- Increase product data reuse and data repurpose
- Collaborate and share up-to-date information more easily
- On premise data is not migrated, moved, or touched – your data remains in its original location
- Supports and is compatible with most CAD, PDM, PLM, and IT systems
- Is Quick to deploy, easy to use, and affordable’
You can find how Inforbix worked here:
You can find out more about the buy out of Inforbix here: