Welcome to The CAD Setter Out’s AutoCAD Tutorials page!
Whilst I am a big fan of Parametric modellers like Revit and Autodesk Inventor, I acknowledge that (for the majority of us) the bread and butter CAD drafting tool is 2D AutoCAD.
I believe passionately that your choice of CAD software should not hinder you when producing great quality drawings.
I set up the CAD Setter Out Blog to share the tips & tricks that I have picked up over the years that have helped me to produce great quality, accurate CAD drawings on time, every time.
This page is a springboard to help you find the articles that will help you on Cadsetterout.com.
Finding the AutoCAD tutorial you need.
All of my ACAD posts are gathered under the category called AutoCAD Tutorials (Click on the link to go straight to them).
To help you find what you are looking for, I have further broken this down using post tags:
- AutoCAD Create – How to create your geometry quickly and efficiently, Including Lines, Arcs, Circles, Polylines and Splines as well as more complex objects such as Layers, Groups, Blocks and Xref’s.
- AutoCAD Edit – Nobody ever gets to draw something just once! It is important to create your AutoCAD geometry with an eye to how you will edit it later. This section gives you plenty of productivity tips for editing geometry effectively, and optimizing your DWG files.
- AutoCAD Document – For most CAD users the final ‘deliverable’ is a paper drawing. This section deals with setting up template files (including borders and title blocks) and includes page set ups, plotting and printing. This section also covers other outputs, including ‘electronic’ drawings like PDF or DWF and outputting CAD data to CNC.
- AutoCAD Productivity – Work smarter, not harder! It is always important to put quality first, however once you are producing great drawings you will want to know how to achieve the same quality with less picks and less clicks.
- AutoCAD Customization – CAD management, automation, programming or simply personalizing ACAD to get it how you like it, you will find it all here.
I hope that you find what you need to help you become more productive with ACAD?
If you like what you find, please sign up to the CSO mailing list below to receive regular updates of new posts and exclusive content that I only send out to my regular readers.
Thanks very much for visiting!
Popular AutoCAD Posts